New Service

Billing and Account Information:

For questions regarding your bill you can contact City Hall. For new water service, Download Application Here.


All new accounts require a $100.00 deposit and payment must be made in full before service will be turned on. Payment must be cash, check or money order via mail, drop box or in person at City Hall.

Moving to a different location within the city:

To transfer service from one address to another, call us in advance (940) 433-5166 so that service will not be interrupted. We will need the date you expect to move and the address where you are moving to update our records.

Moving out of the city:

If you are moving out of the City of Boyd, please call us at City Hall (940) 433-5166 , and tell us when you want to discontinue service at your old address. Your deposit will be applied to your final bill. If there is still a balance or if you anticipate a refund, be sure to leave us your forwarding address, so that we may send the remainder of your deposit or a final bill.

Reasons for Service Termination:

Water service may be cut off for any of the following reasons:

  • Failure to pay your bill
  • Failure to arrange payment for a returned check
  • Unauthorized connection to the water supply system
  • Tampering with meters or other City of Boyd’ equipment
  • Violation of any water or sewer related City of Boyd ordinances
  • Having a severe leak that creates hazardous conditions