Utilities Frequently Asked Questions

How do I open an account?

You can fill out an application online, print it and bring it in to City Hall or you can stop by and fill one out in person. Either way, remember to bring in your drivers license, social security card, and a $100 deposit. If you have questions about the application process you can contact us at  (940) 433-5166 .

How do I establish service for a new construction?

The application process is the same however there are fees for connecting you to the city water and city sewer lines. See New Service

Why is my bill so high?

Your bill is based on how much water passes through your meter, so whether it is used or wasted, you pay for every drop. That is why it is important to use water wisely.

What is Sewer?

Sewer or wastewater is the used water that goes down the drains inside our houses and businesses.

How are residential sewer fees calculated?

Update coming soon

Is Boyd drinking water safe?

Yes. Boyd drinking water meets or exceeds all federal (EPA) drinking water requirements. Read our Drinking Water Quality Report.

What causes occasional taste and odor changes in my water?

All water has its own unique taste and odor characteristics. Boyd like many other water suppliers, occasionally experiences taste and odor changes. Algae, temperature changes, excessive rain or lack thereof are all constituents that can the alter taste and smell of the water. These changes do not affect the safety of the water.