Permits and Applications

Find a Permit

    Search could not be preformed at this time. Please try again later.

    Permits and Applications

    When is a permit generally required in Texas?

    You will need to get a permit for any new construction or demolition, as well as for any structural alterations to an existing structure in the City of Boyd. This includes building small structures like decks and pools, and alterations like interior and exterior remodeling, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical work.

    Are other permits required for building work?

    Depending on the work you are planning to do you may need to get additional permits. These include electrical permits, mechanical permits, and plumbing permits. Some cities may also require sign permits, concrete permits for public sidewalks and right-of-ways, and development permits. Your local Building Department can advise you on what permit you will need for your project. Keep in mind that you must receive all required permits before construction can begin; not doing so can subject you to penalties and fines and may hamper the completion of your project.