Overview of the Administrator’s Responsibilities
The City Administrator presides over the daily operation and administration of the local government within the guidelines of City of Boyd ordinances, policies, and procedures; state and federal laws; and implements directives from the Mayor and City Council of the City of Boyd.
The Administrator reports to the Mayor and City Council of the City of Boyd.
- Executes all lawful orders, directions, instructions, ordinances, resolutions, and regulations adopted by the City Council of the City of Boyd.
- Manages and directs the activities of all departments by planning, organizing, staffing, directing, and controlling the staff and other resources
- Advises Mayor and City Council of the City of Boyd on financial conditions and future needs of local government; makes recommendation on city affairs; informs Mayor of significant controversial issues involving government, its services, policies and employees
- Prepares, submits, and executes a proposed annual budget
- Provides necessary documentation for the Mayor and the City Secretary to prepare the agenda for all Council meetings and attends all Council meetings
City Administrator – Greg Arrington – email
Overview of the City Secretary’s Responsibilities
The City Secretary is an officer of the City, appointed by the Mayor and City Council. The position of City Secretary is a statutory position required by State law. The purpose of the office of City Secretary is to provide support, assistance, and information to the City Council so that they have the resources they need to make decisions, to preserve the City documents so that the City Council, City employees, and citizens of Boyd have timely and convenient access to City records and may stay informed; and to provide election services to voters and candidates so that they may be involved in the decision making process.
City Secretary – Sherrie Dast – email
Finance Director- Sharon Palos– email
Administrative Assistant to The City Administrator- Tiffany Witherspoon– email